The RTP 9 Turret from LFA Tablet Presses is an original spare part for your RTP 9 Rotary Tablet Press. Made from stainless steel and designed to FDA and GMP compliant this part is machined to an extremely high tolerance to ensure that the core of your tablet press is precise and accurate.
Over the life of any rotary tablet press, the turret will see wear and tear. This occurs for the tooling travelling up and down in the press at high speeds.
If a turret has not been maintained regularly with careful cleaning oiling and greasing then its life will be dramatically reduced. The typical tolerance for a rotary tablet press turret is ± 0.01mm according to the ISO 180084 standards. It is a good idea from time to time to check the tolerance of your turret as if it moves out of specification this can result in faster wear of your tablet press tooling and eventually catastrophic failure of your tablet press.
If you think your turret is out of tolerance then please do get in contact. You can do this via our contact page.
If your RTP 9 turret is out of specification then it is a relatively easy part to change.
1) Remove the perspex covering from the top of the press.
2) Remove the 4 allen key screws that are holding down the metal shrouding.
3) Below the shrouding, you will find 2x 32mm bolts. Use the socket set that was provided in the RTP 9 toolkit to remove these 2 bolts.
4) Remove the upper roller cam and its housing.
5) You will now be able to access the turret. Make sure to note the position, order and direction of the bearings that are holding the turret in place.
This job will typically take around 2-3 hours.
You may also wish to replace your turret if you would like to change your tooling specification. Say from Euro to TSM or RTP. If this is the case we are able to help however please get in contact with our team so that we can check if your press is compatible with the tooling you would like to change to.