Tablet Deduster Machine – Operation And Cleaning Guide
The following is a brief operating and cleaning guide that can be used for most tablet de-dusting machines. It covers pre-start up, operation and cleaning, and lists some precautions that can be taken to help avoid contamination issues.
- Check that no remaining materials are present in and around the deduster machine.
- Check the machine and processing area for cleanliness.
- Place “cleaned” label on the machine.
- Check the room temperature and relative humidity of the area.
- Check that the equipment is connected to the electrical supply and receiving a three-phase alternating current if required.
- Check that the de-dusting machine is working.
- Check that the operator is wearing the proper uniform including nose mask and gloves.
- Check the equipment usage and ensure that the cleaning operation is included in the pre-start up and operating procedure.
- Request for line clearance from the QA personnel and record usage log.
- Replace the “cleaned” label with “under process” or ”operating”.
- Make sure that the tablet feeding mouth is aligned to the tablet outlet chute of the compression machine.
- Switch the ON button along the compression machine.
- Collect the de-dust tablets in the appropriate double polythene bag lined container.
- Gather the fine powder from the powder collection and treat it as recoverable.
- Once the operation is completed, switch the machine off.
- Remove the dust-collecting cup located at the sifter chamber.
- Gather and weigh the dust.
- Document the weight.
- Change the “under process” label to “to be cleaned”.
- Change the “under process” to “to be cleaned” label.
- Using a vacuum cleaner and lint free cloth remove any powder stuck in the machine.
- Disassemble the machine in the following sequence:
- Feed hopper
- Food grade gasket
- Perforated plate
- Dust collecting plate
- Using a nylon brush, remove any residual powder in the sifting parts.
- Wash the equipment parts in raw water with 0.1% Teepol solution.
- Wash the equipment with raw water to remove the Teepol solution.
- Wash with purified water.
- Using a lint free cloth, dry the parts and inform QA about the rinse water sample.
- Use a lint free cloth to clean the vibratory base.
- Document the cleaning operation in the equipment log and initial it.
- Do not use wet surface as sample.
- Run the water for five minutes before using it.
- Do not use or allow stagnant water to be present at any place in the container or machine.
- All equipment in the same room should be cleaned if there is a product changeover